Saturday, January 20, 2018






Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played To Win by Rachel Ignotofsky

In this exquisite book, that Rachel Ignotofsky both written and illustrated highlights dozens of fearless women athletes in a variety of sports. The author also features sections throughout the book with a brief timeline as well as pay and media statistics of women’s sports. 
       As I read book for the first time I came across only a handful of female athletes I heard of and loved the extra detail of there lives. There are quotes and fun trivia sprinkled around the outer pages of each athlete, with colorfully detailed illustrations. The majority of the athletes featured in the book I never heard of, which I was excited to learn of these beautiful women’s stories and their overcoming struggles. Many of the women’s stories tell of not just overcoming the gender barrier of sports but the color and physical barriers, such as deafness and paralysis. 
      Overall the assortment of women athletes covered in this book makes it so wonderful to read and would uplift any woman or girl. 

I give this book 5 of 5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment